May 6, 2011

Act A Fool

Sometimes it seems like nothing makes sense in this crazy world of ours.

Alfonso Soriano leads everyone in homers, Jose Bautista leads the AL in batting average and while I can't be certain, I'm pretty sure the squirrels outside my apartment are plotting something.

Just what in the name of Cal Ripken, Jr. is going on here?

Consider: The Twins got their former MVP Justin Morneau and stud closer Joe Nathan back, yet after a month of play have MLB's worst record.

Not only that, but Cleveland has leapfrogged the tumbling Twins and were the first team to win 20 games.

The Indians lost 24 more games than they won last season, and now they're the best team in the American League?

I call bullshit.

And then there's the Red Sox, who were supposed to go 154-8 and win the World Series in three games but have instead decided that being in third place with a half-game lead over Baltimore is way more awesome.

Now trust me, I'd love nothing more than to see Boston stumble for an entire season, Carl Crawford looking sad and confused, Jon Lester staring at umpires with that "You know I had cancer, right?" look on his face.

But the Griffs season is off to an abysmal start, so for the sake of my sanity I'd prefer it if more than one of my preseason predictions panned out.

Looks like nothing in this world is certain except death, taxes and Roy Halladay.

Here's this week's "Fantasy Friday." I need a stiff drink.




No comments: